Cogito, ergo, Sum

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First weekly meeting of BAA

Hi everyone, my name is Elessar, and I'm addicted to books.

My username is from Lord of the Rings (it is Aragorn's name, before they tell him he's Aragorn. It also means star in Elvish) my blog title is a combination of LotR and Harry Potter. I am a hardcore book addict.

Currently for school I am reading "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens.

I read this book once before, and utterly hated it. I am not a huge fan of Charles Dickens in general, but this story of goings on in Paris and London during the French Revolution just seemed to go on forever.

Since then, I have fallen head over heals in love with the play/book "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo. That gave me a new interest in the French revolution, and now I am finding I can stomach ToTC much easier this second time around. I might even go so far as to say I and quite enjoying it.

~Elessar

No comments:

Post a Comment